Here are the guides on how to perform a soft reset and factory reset on your Kindle Fire.
- Hold the power switch for twenty seconds. You will need to slide the power switch along and hold it for twenty seconds before releasing it. This tells the device to reboot instead of simply shutting down.
- Your reboot screen should appear when you release the power switch.
- Give your device time to reboot for a minute or two.
- Turn the Kindle Fire back on.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on More
- Choose Settings – Device
- At the bottom you will see the option Reset to factory defaults, this will remove all personal data from your device.
- You will see a warning box that reads: “You are about to reset your kindle” It will give you the option to continue, at which point you should tap
- Remember that it will take a few minutes for your Kindle Fire HD to finish restoring, so give it time.
- The device should reboot itself.