In most circumstances, a failure to connect to Viera Cast is accompanied by the error code '008'.
- Enter the Network Setup option on your TV and run the Connection Test. With the error code '008', it should fail at the last point.
- Once the test has finished, press the 'Return' button and then navigate to the IP/DNS settings and press 'OK'.
- Ensure that both the IP and DNS settings are set to Auto. If one of them says Manual you will need to change it to Auto.
- Press 'Return' and wait for the television to go back to the Network screen and then re-run the Connection Test to see if it passes.
- If the test is successful you will be able to connect to Viera Cast correctly. If it is unsuccessful then your modem/router is potentially blocking the television.
If Viera Cast still will not connect please check the following settings on your modem/router.
- Make sure DHCP and UPnP are turned on.
- If you have MAC filtering turned on, you will have to enter the MAC address of the television on to your modem/router. This can be found at the bottom of your network settings on your television.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider or the manufacturer or your modem/router.