It is important to know what your device is capable of playing before adding discs to your queue.
Below is a list of disc types and device compatibility.
DVD: A type of compact disc able to store large amounts of data, especially high-resolution audiovisual material.
- Standard DVD Players
- PC with DVD drive
- Mac with DVD drive
HD DVD: HD DVD is a discontinued high-density optical disc format for storing data and high-definition video.
- Selected Toshiba HD DVD player
- Selected LG HD DVD/Blu-Ray combo players
- Samsung HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo players.
Please note: HD DVD devices are now discontinued.
Blu-Ray: A format of DVD designed for the storage of high-definition video and data
- Standard Blu-Ray DVD players
- PC with Blu-Ray Drive
Blu-Ray 3D: A format of DVD designed for the storage of high-definition video and data with added 3D specs with the option of allowing backward compatibility with current 2D Blu-Ray players.
- Standard Blu-Ray 3D players
- Standard Blu-Ray players (Backwards compatible for 2D viewing.
- PC with 3D capability and Blu-Ray Drive
- Mac with 3D capability and Blu-Ray Drive
Please note: A 3D television or monitor will be needed in order to view content in 3D.